Sunday, November 18, 2007

We're not a pretty place

“We’re not a pretty place,” I told members of the Valencia Newcomers’ Club. “You pass through the Antelope Valley to get to the other tourist destinations. But next trip make time to see all we have to offer.”
Among the sights mentioned were the petroglyphs – the largest concentration of petroglyphs in the Western Hemisphere. They’re still intact because they’re on a military base. If you are interested I gave them the source for all the information they’ll need -- San Andreas Ain’t No Fault of Mine.
When it came to pictures, they were enthralled at the variety of places within the Antelope Valley. The only thing that gave them pause? The cabbit. “Of course it’s real,” I insisted. “It was captured by Chris at Sunset Design.”
My husband bravely sat through all the chatter at our table, even when one of the women said, quite solemnly, “ I took an oath before God never to cook again.” That’s my kind of woman. Will you mentor me, I asked. Husband only rolled his eyes. It was such a great day.

No comments: